1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Perfect anytime. Courtesy of Lemon Sugar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast (1 packet)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 110 degrees
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 (14 ounce) hot dogs, cut in half
- 1In the bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, water, butter and yeast.
- 2Combine with the dough hook on low speed for about 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth, pulls away from the sides of the bowl and tacky-elastic.
- 3Spray a large bowl with cooking spray.
- 4Transfer dough to sprayed bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- 5Allow to rise in a warm, draft-free area for 50-60 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 6Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 7Bring 10 cups of water and baking soda to a boil in a large stock pot.
- 8Add the baking soda carefully and slowly, as it could react and boil over.
- 9Turn the dough out on to your work surface and divide it into 16 equal pieces.
- 10Roll each piece into a long rope (approximately 10-12 inches long) and wrap the rope around the hot dog.
- 11Pinch the ends of each rope very well to prevent them from coming apart during the boiling process.
- 12Set aside and continue until all of the hot dogs are wrapped.
- 13Place the wrapped hot dogs into the boiling water using a slotted spoon or a spider, a few at a time.
- 14Allow to boil for 30 seconds, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to rest.
- 15Once all of the dogs are boiled, move them to the baking sheets and brush each one with the egg wash.
- 16Sprinkle with the kosher salt, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 17When you remove them from the oven, immediately brush them with melted butter and sprinkle more kosher salt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pigs in a Blanket
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1773.4
- Calories from Fat 1250
- Total Fat 138.9 g
- Saturated Fat 58.1 g
- Cholesterol 260.0 mg
- Sodium 10459.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 54.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: