1/2 Photos of Pigs in a Blanket
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe takes a little longer because of the homemade dough, but it's worth the extra time in preparation. I'm pretty sure it came from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup warm milk (110 to115)
- 1/3 cup warm water (110 to 115)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 2 teaspoons oil or 2 teaspoons shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 2/3 cups flour
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 cheese slices
- 1In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in milk and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Add egg, oil or shortening, salt, remaining sugar, and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- 3Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes).
- 4Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5Cut a 1/4" deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Cut cheese slices into strips and place inside hot dogs.
- 6Punch dough down and divide into 10 portions. Roll into a 5x2 1/2" rectangle and wrap around prepared hot dogs.
- 7Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 8Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pigs in a Blanket
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.8
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 1295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g