Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I have been making these for years and usually have them with Baked Beans on a Saturday night. They have a little cheese stuffing and are wraped up in a crescent roll. Then I put mustard and relish on them when they are on my plate. The others just eat them with a little mustard. They are so good.
Top Review by Alecia Pearl
I'm a vegetarian so I cannot speak for my own taste buds, but I made these for my son's Toy Story Birthday party...I made an appetizer for each character and these corresponded with Slinky Dog...and they were eaten very quickly by all guests so based on that and the ease of making them, I will give them 5 stars.
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 4 hot dogs (cut in half crosswise(not lengthwise)
- 4 slices American cheese (cut in half)
- mustard, and (optional)
- relish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the hotdogs in half crosswise to make 8 pieces and then partially cut each one halfway lengthwise.
- Cut the cheese in half so that there are 8 pieces; fold each piece in half and tuck it into the partially cut hotdog.
- Unroll the crescent roll place a hotdog on each one and roll up.
- Bake at 350 to 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or so till nice and golden.
- Serve hot.