1/2 Photos of Pigs Feet Stew
4 hrs 20 mins
My mom has made this stew for Sunday dinners since I was a child & I finally got the recipe...Served over a bed of white rice, you can also add Pig Tails....Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Rinse pigs feet.use knife to remove hairs from pig feet (as if scaling a fish).
- 22. Place in pot, cover with water, boil for 30-45 minutes to remove froth.
- 33. Meanwhile -- finely chop (or use food processor) the celery, onion, green onion, bell pepper, garlic -- may also add relish, carrots, or any other vegetables -- Set Aside.
- 44. Pour out water, rinse pigs feet, and use knife to remove any remaining hairs.
- 55. Rinse out pot, put pigs feet back in pot, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes. (This can be skipped if desired, but wont be as tender).
- 66. Pour out water, rinse pigs feet and rinse pot.
- 77. Place back in pot with chopped vegetables, beans, bouillons -- Cover with water and season to taste with salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- 8*** NOW IS THE TIME TO ADD PIGS TAILS IF DESIRED ***.
- 99. Bring to a boil on medium heat, cover and occassionaly stir for 2 hours -- Bring to low heat for last 1 hour.
- 10** YOU WILL NEED TO ADD WATER TO STEW AS IT EVAPORATES **.
- 1111. Serve over a bed of white rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pigs Feet Stew
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 1164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: