Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Earlier discussion on Head Cheeses and easy recipes prompted me finding this in one of my German cookbooks, Hermann Cookbook, 8th edition, Hermann MO.
- 4 pig's feet
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean beef
- 1 small beef tongue
- 1 whole pepper
- bay leaf
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- vinegar (optional)
- Boil meats separately until done.
- Cook bay leaf, whole pepper and sliced lemon with the pigs feet.
- When meat is cooled, skin tongue and remove bones from pigs feet, along with the pepper, bay leaf and lemon slices.
- Cut beef and tongue and feet into small pieces and reheat all ingredients in one pot.
- Add salt to taste and vinegar if desired.
- Pour into loaf pans and chill.
- Slice as needed.
- This is almost like head cheese, since the pigs feet jell the mixture.