1/1 Photo of Pignoli Cookies
Pleasantly sweet chewy cookies, made with almond paste and pine nuts. A classic Italian cookie. These cookies were so good, they were gone in less than an hour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F; line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- 2Combine grated almond paste, granulated and powdered sugars in a bowl. Beat on low with electric mixer until texture of small crumbs.
- 3Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat on high for 3 minutes or until the consistency of a smooth paste.
- 4Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- 5Add pine nuts to a shallow bowl. Drop batter one teaspoon at a time into nuts. With slightly dampened fingertips, quickly lift and flip batter “no-nuts” side down onto cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 14-16 minutes or until light golden. Gently slide parchment paper off of pans onto wire racks. When cookies are completely cooled, remove from parchment. Store cookies in airtight containers between wax paper.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pignoli Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g