Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Pleasantly sweet chewy cookies, made with almond paste and pine nuts. A classic Italian cookie. These cookies were so good, they were gone in less than an hour!
- 1 (7 ounce) boxodense almond paste, grated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large size egg whites, no larger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine grated almond paste, granulated and powdered sugars in a bowl. Beat on low with electric mixer until texture of small crumbs.
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat on high for 3 minutes or until the consistency of a smooth paste.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Add pine nuts to a shallow bowl. Drop batter one teaspoon at a time into nuts. With slightly dampened fingertips, quickly lift and flip batter “no-nuts” side down onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until light golden. Gently slide parchment paper off of pans onto wire racks. When cookies are completely cooled, remove from parchment. Store cookies in airtight containers between wax paper.
These cookies were delicious!! And so very easy to make. Only change would be to use a disposable pastry dough bag so that cookies can be dispensed evenly and nicely. I didn't have one so I used a spoon, the cookies have to be really set apart from each other as the dough spreads. My new all time Christmas favorite!
First recipe I tried for this type of cookie, I rarely bake. The directions were easy, I found parchment paper worked much better than silpat. It also took a few extra minutes in the oven than specified, but they came out perfect and tasted great!
I always go to little Italy to buy these cookies which are my favorite. Now I can make them myself. They came out great just like the bakery. Thank You !!!!! :)