Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Serve these as hors d'oeuvres, eat them with lunch or pack them in a picnic basket.
Make and share this Piggy Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, roll out the pastry to ¼-inch thickness and divide into 8 squares.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the bacon and fry gently until it is lightly coloured, and then add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually add the milk little by little, stirring all the time, until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add the pepper and nutmeg.
- Place a spoonful of this mixture on the pastry squares, dampen the edges with a little beaten egg and fold over to form triangles.
- Press the edges well together and knock up the edges with the back of a knife.
- Put the parcels on a lightly greased baking sheet, brush the top of each with a little beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and risen.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Miller these are wonderful, I never changed at thing except tripling the recipe. The name fit this crowd. Piggy Piggy, another hit. thanks