This is a Paula Deen recipe that looked and sounded too good to be true. We love sweet cornbread in the South and this looks like it will hit the spot. I have not made this one yet. I am putting it here on Zaar so I will be able to find it again. I think this would make a great Sunday breakfast or a Sunday dinner for 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450º.
- 2Cook sausages in a skillet until done, piercing with a fork to let out some of the fat.
- 3While the sausages are cooking mix the cornbread batter with the egg and 1/3 Cup milk; set aside.
- 4When sausages are done, arrange them in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 5Layer sliced apples on top of sausages.
- 6Pour cornbread batter over everything.
- 7Bake for approximately 30 min or until the cornbread is done.
- 8Serve with warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piggy Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1774.8
- Calories from Fat 1041
- Total Fat 115.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 338.5 mg
- Sodium 3075.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 74.1 g
- Protein 67.2 g