Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe that looked and sounded too good to be true. We love sweet cornbread in the South and this looks like it will hit the spot. I have not made this one yet. I am putting it here on Zaar so I will be able to find it again. I think this would make a great Sunday breakfast or a Sunday dinner for 2.
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Cook sausages in a skillet until done, piercing with a fork to let out some of the fat.
- While the sausages are cooking mix the cornbread batter with the egg and 1/3 Cup milk; set aside.
- When sausages are done, arrange them in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Layer sliced apples on top of sausages.
- Pour cornbread batter over everything.
- Bake for approximately 30 min or until the cornbread is done.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
This is a delicious recipe. My whole family loved it. It is great for company and goes together in a flash.
When I saw Paula make this...I had to try it...DH thought I had lost my mind....but he ate it all!! I used Maple flavored sausage...wonderful!! The apples were crisp tender....This was a good dish!!