2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
"Everywhere there's lots of piggies, Living piggy lives, You can see them out for dinner, With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives, To eat their bacon."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- 2Par-boil the leeks for about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Fill a pie dish with the leeks and pork and pour in the milk.
- 5Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour (don’t worry if it looks curdled).
- 6Stir the cream into the eggs, and then pour into the dish.
- 7Allow the pie to cool.
- 8Increase oven heat to 425F degrees.
- 9Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 2 inches wider than the dish.
- 10Cut a 1-inch strip from the outer edge and use this to line the dampened rim of the pie dish.
- 11Dampen the pastry rim with water, cover with the pastry lid and seal the edges well.
- 12Make a hole in the center of the pie and use pastry trimmings to decorate.
- 13Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piggy Pie
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.8 g