Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
"Everywhere there's lots of piggies, Living piggy lives, You can see them out for dinner, With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives, To eat their bacon."
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Par-boil the leeks for about 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Fill a pie dish with the leeks and pork and pour in the milk.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour (don’t worry if it looks curdled).
- Stir the cream into the eggs, and then pour into the dish.
- Allow the pie to cool.
- Increase oven heat to 425F degrees.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 2 inches wider than the dish.
- Cut a 1-inch strip from the outer edge and use this to line the dampened rim of the pie dish.
- Dampen the pastry rim with water, cover with the pastry lid and seal the edges well.
- Make a hole in the center of the pie and use pastry trimmings to decorate.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden brown.