Recipe by Mille®
"Everywhere there's lots of piggies, Living piggy lives, You can see them out for dinner, With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives, To eat their bacon."
- 8 ounces leeks, sliced
- 1 lb lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 fluid ounces milk
- 2 1⁄2 fluid ounces table cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Par-boil the leeks for about 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Fill a pie dish with the leeks and pork and pour in the milk.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour (don’t worry if it looks curdled).
- Stir the cream into the eggs, and then pour into the dish.
- Allow the pie to cool.
- Increase oven heat to 425F degrees.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 2 inches wider than the dish.
- Cut a 1-inch strip from the outer edge and use this to line the dampened rim of the pie dish.
- Dampen the pastry rim with water, cover with the pastry lid and seal the edges well.
- Make a hole in the center of the pie and use pastry trimmings to decorate.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden brown.