Recipe by Clifford Boren
The venerable old pigs in a blanket with a southwestern twist. Serve with hot salsa on the side.
- 4 hot dogs (I use Healthy Choice, low fat.)
- 8 slices turkey bacon (Jennie-O is good.)
- 2% fat cheddar cheese, grated
- pickled nacho style jalapeno
- 4 tortillas (White corn is best if you can get it.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Split hot dogs, but not all the way through.
- Stuff cheese into the hot dog.
- Lay a few pieces of jalapeno on top of the cheese.
- Wrap two slices of bacon around the dog.
- Wrap a tortilla around the whole thing.
- Secure tortilla with tooth picks.
- Place in a cassarole dish which has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- The tortilla will be a little crispy.
- If you leave it in too long, the tortilla will be very hard.
- Note: Before wrapping the tortilla around the dog, soften it by zapping it in the micro per directions on the package, or simply flop it on the stove with the flame turned way down.
- A few seconds will do.
- It won't hurt if you burn a spot or two.