- Drain, wash and stuff pigeons with crumbs and chopped fat pork, seasoned with onion juice, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a bed of vegetables - minced carrot, onion, celery and parsley.
- Lay the pigeons upon it; add stock of butter and water; cover and cook gently 1 hour or until tender.
- Dish the birds and keep hot; rub the gravy through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Season to taste and add cut mushrooms.
- Simmer 5 minutes; thicken with butter mixed with flour.
- Cook until smooth and pour over the pigeons.