Recipe by maryjane in spain
A perfect rustic dish for autumn/winter as the nights draw in. Serve with fresh bread rolls and a good bottle of red wine - a Rioja works a treat.
- 8 lbs pigs tail
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 (800 ml) cans tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add the first 4 ingredients, COVER THE TAILS WITH WATER and boil for 1/2 an hour. Drain, cool and remove excess fat.
- Meanwhile, mix the tomato sauce, garlic, teriyaki sauce, and soya sauce and in a large roasting pan and then add tails.
- Bake at 350F for several hours until meat falls off the bone.
- Serve with fresh bread rolls as you'll want to get every last bite of the sauce.
- (Don't forget a bone bowl when setting the table - also, low lighting sets the scene for serious messy eating with fingers!).