Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Bird poop might be the only thing on earth that a cup of heavy cream doesn't improve upon................what? This is another of my husband's dishes and I'm ticked at him right now, thus the recipe description. It's really quite good, in spite of my childishness. I mean REALLY good. Dang him!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced VERY finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean up the pork tenderloin as much as possible, removing membranes and fat. Slice into 1 1/2-inch thick slices and slice these almost in half, butterflying them. You should have about 5 steaks.
- Fry the sliced mushrooms in 1/2 tbsp olive oil until they're dark and crisp. (Place in single layer and don’t stir for first 2 minutes.) Set aside, but do not clean the pan.
- Mix the sliced onions with the minced garlic. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the pork steaks, then fry them in the mushroom pan in 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter on high heat, about 4 minutes per side, until they're nicely browned.
- Move to a plate; cover with foil.
- Add another 1/2 tbsp of butter to the pan and fry the onions and garlic briefly on high heat until they start to brown.
- Then add the cream to deglaze, and add the mushrooms and rosemary. Let the sauce reduce on high heat until it's very thick. Add juice from the pork steaks towards the end, stir, then add the pork to the pan to heat. Eat while on the treadmill.