1/1 Photo of Pig 'n' Shrooms (Pork Medallions With Mushroom Sauce)
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Bird poop might be the only thing on earth that a cup of heavy cream doesn't improve upon................what? This is another of my husband's dishes and I'm ticked at him right now, thus the recipe description. It's really quite good, in spite of my childishness. I mean REALLY good. Dang him!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean up the pork tenderloin as much as possible, removing membranes and fat. Slice into 1 1/2-inch thick slices and slice these almost in half, butterflying them. You should have about 5 steaks.
- 2Fry the sliced mushrooms in 1/2 tbsp olive oil until they're dark and crisp. (Place in single layer and don’t stir for first 2 minutes.) Set aside, but do not clean the pan.
- 3Mix the sliced onions with the minced garlic. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the pork steaks, then fry them in the mushroom pan in 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter on high heat, about 4 minutes per side, until they're nicely browned.
- 4Move to a plate; cover with foil.
- 5Add another 1/2 tbsp of butter to the pan and fry the onions and garlic briefly on high heat until they start to brown.
- 6Then add the cream to deglaze, and add the mushrooms and rosemary. Let the sauce reduce on high heat until it's very thick. Add juice from the pork steaks towards the end, stir, then add the pork to the pan to heat. Eat while on the treadmill.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pig 'n' Shrooms (Pork Medallions With Mushroom Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.6
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 135.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 48.8 g