Recipe by Duane and Ginger Vanden Brink
I live in Holland, Michigan and these are just a few of the "traditional" recipes I've collected from people I know who probably brought them from "the old country." Enjoy! (Serving size is two pigs, or approx. 15 servings per recipe.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide sausage, forming 30 to 36 "Pigs".
- (About half the length of a hot dog) Do not roll in hands, form carefully with finger tips or fork.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine as for pie dough.
- Mix in milk, form into smooth ball.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into strips about 3 1/2 inches wide. Wrap "pig" loosely in dough, overlapping on the bottom.
- Do not pinch ends shut. Prick top of each "pig" with a fork.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then 15 minutes at 350 degrees until brown.
- May be frozen up to 4 months.