Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
From the Gooseberry Patches upcoming cookbook "Homestyle In A Hurry" this delicious breakfast side will have you wanting to wake up early!!!! All that sweet, salty, sticky goodness, it's like pork heaven! Great with eggs, pancakes, waffles... Just about anything! Just double the recipe for a full lb. of bacon. Note: If using thick cut peppered bacon, omit the pepper in this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb thick-cut bacon, 8 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 .
- Mix brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Add bacon and toss.
- Line a baking sheet with a wire rack, and lay bacon on the rack.
- Pat any remanding spice mixture on the bacon.
- Put the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to a serving dish and let cool slightly before serving.