Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I personally wasn't a fan of this cake, but the people I made it for loved it. I even left out the powdered sugar because I thought it was too sweet already, and I didn't get any complaints. I know Paula Deen makes a version of this cake. Recipe courtesy of Favorites from Cole's Cooks, Cole Community Church, Boise Idaho and Karen Barnes. Her sister-in-law in Oklahoma City gave her the recipe, and it is called pig cake because everyone makes a pig of oneself eating it. Serving size is estimated.
- 517.37 g butter recipe cake mix
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 311.84 g mandarin oranges
- 118.29 ml oil
- 4 eggs
- 85.04 g instant vanilla pudding
- 283.49 g Cool Whip
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 566.99 g crushed pineapple
- 236.59 ml coconut
- Beat together cake mix, butter, oil, and eggs. Add mandarin oranges with juice.
- This makes 3 cake layers. Bake all 3 layers for 50 minutes at 350 and cool completely.
- For the icing, mix all ingredients together and let set for a few minutes before spreading. Keep in refrigerator.