Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is Townsend's Pig-Burger From Knoxville, TN. Use more or less meat, depending on servings desired. For a great lunch or dinner, try a Pig Burger, fries, bake beans and slaw. Cook time is approximate, depending on your individual preference.
- 1 lb hamburger (or more if needed for crowd)
- 1 lb pork sausage (or more, if needed)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- chopped onion (to taste)
- sage (to taste)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- sauteed onion, for topping
- barbecue sauce, for topping
- Thoroughly mix together 60% ground beef, 40% ground sausage and form into 1/2 lb patties.
- Grill until golden brown.
- Serve with sauteed onions.
- Serve with a generous amount of your favorite BBQ sauce on bun.
Thank you Keen for a great recipe for the grill besides just plain ol hamburg. I used 1/2 lb. hamburg, 1/2 lb. pork sausage, sage, seasoning salt and a bit of Jack's hotsauce. Wonderful... Made for RegionalTag~
Very good. A really nice change from the regular burgers (everyone gets burned out on those about halfway through the summer). Will be making these again. Thanks for posting.
These were easy to make and a delicious change from hamburgers. I really liked the sausage flavor. The family ate them up with all the fixings, but I liked the flavor so much I ate the burger plain.