Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great and tasty recipe I came up with. It is a great meat lover dish with a nice robust, cheesey taste.
- 5 lbs pork loin
- 10 slices maple bacon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of deli style thinly sliced ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 30 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Filet loin in half.
- Combine and mix garlic pawder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixed seasoning evenly over both sides of pork loin.
- Lay the loin flat and evenly sprinkle shredded cheese on the top of the loin.
- Layer the thinly sliced ham on top of the cheese. Make sure you only do a layer at a time so there will be the same amount of ham in each bite throughout the loin.
- Now roll up the loin and make sure it is long ways and not short and fat.
- Wrap the bacon around the loin starting at one end and using the toothpicks to hold the bacon and keep the loin rolled up. Wrap the second peice of bacon right next to the first slice but dont over lap. Continue the same way with the rest of the bacon until you reach the other end of the loin.
- Put the loin in a glass casserole dish. If you don't have a casserole dish then a non-stick cookie sheet will work.
- Put on middle rack of oven for 45-60 minutes. (depending on oven).
- If loin is firm and at 160 degrees (if you have a thermometer) then it is complete.