Recipe by Rita~
Welcome to a dish of wonder. A magical crowd pleasing meal that’s a synch to make. Get out the cauldron, toss in the enticing array of ingredients and watch the goblins eat it up as if under a spell. Created for RSC #18 http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=374011&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Top Review by CJAY
We loved this recipe! I made it as written but added a little water to the sauce as I thought it was a little thick. The peanut taste came through perfectly and didn't over power the shrimp. I used the scallions and cilantro for the garnish and it made for a beautiful presentation with my chinese egg noodles. Thanks for sharing. Good luck in the contest.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
Stir fried Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, fiery
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup snow peas, julienned
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, julienned (Can use all carrot or all parsnips in place of the mix)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped (cilantro or mint)
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (optional)
- 3 scallions
- peanuts, sliced and toasted (optional)
- basil, Cilantro (optional) or mint (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a blender to combine. Set aside. In a large frying pan heat the oils and stir fry the pea pods, carrots and cabbage just until crisp. Season vegetables with additional soy sauce if desired. Add shrimp and cook until just pink. Mix in the peanut sauce mixture. Add the hot cooked noodles tossing to coat. Adding pasta water to thin if needed.
- Plate and top with scallion and optional ingredients.
- Enchanted will be those that conjure this, as if under a spell.