Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Ideveloped this recipe 8 years ago and named it after an Italian friend of mine. I had Pietro try my recipe and he loved it, said it was better than what he had in Italy, (a very nice compliment).
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and chopped small
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup oil-cured black olive, remove pits and discard
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped small
- 1⁄4 lb extra hot capacollo, chopped small
- 1 1⁄2 ounces canned anchovies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces linguine or 12 ounces fettuccine pasta or 12 ounces make your own fresh pasta (preferred)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add 1/4 cup of olive oil, onion, garlic and brown lightly, about 6 to 8 minutes; DO NOT BURN.
- Add sweet yellow and red peppers, red hot pepper flakes and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop pitted olives and add to frying pan and mix.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, pancetta, cappicollo and cook on medium-high heat for another 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add anchovies and chopped fresh parsley, stir well and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes longer.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a large cooking pot or a pasta pot, fill 3/4 full with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Add dry pasta and cook according to package directions.
- If using fresh pasta, cook for 6 to 8 minutes, el dente'.
- Drain pasta well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked sauce in amounts to your liking and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and toss lightly to coat.
- Sprinkle each serving with chopped parsley.
- Refrigerate any unused sauce in a container with lid.