Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my go-to meals when I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. It’s not fancy, but it’s tasty and filling. If you don't like mushrooms, you can use asparagus, bell peppers, peas, or any other vegetable that you enjoy. This recipe was originally published on my blog.
- 2 lbs frozen potato pierogies, any flavour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 -10 mushrooms, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Boil the pierogies in salted water, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet and place over medium heat.
- Cook the onion for a couple minutes, then add the garlic (so it doesn't burn). Stir and let cook for 1 more minute.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking the mixture until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and pierogies (drained).
- Flip over the pierogies so they brown on both sides, then add the mushrooms back into the pan.
- Stir to combine everything, adjust the seasonings as needed, and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm. Can be served with sour cream if desired.