Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Days may be longer, but time is short. You can still satisfy big appetites every weeknight in under 30 minutes. This cost $2.87 per serving. This came from Better Homes & Gardens. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 4 cups water
- 12 7⁄8 ounces frozen potato and onion filled pierogies
- 8 ounces uncooked chorizo sausage or 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes or 1 pint yellow cherry tomato, halved
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces watercress (4 cups)
- In Dutch oven cook pierogies in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet brown sausage. Drain fat. Reserve 1/2 cup tomatoes; add remaining tomatoes and tomato sauce to skillet. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Divide pierogies among plates; spoon on sauce. Top with reserved tomatoes and watercress.