Recipe by Lainey6605
This makes a simple but tasty weeknight meal.
Top Review by Rachie P
this is a winner. Hubby usually won't eat a pierogie but he really enjoyed this dish, so it's going in my 'keep' file because I LOVE pierogies! I chopped my own cabbage & carrot in lieu of the coleslaw mix, and then subbed Polish sausage for the Kielbasa. I had a tough time cooking my pierogies - they started sticking in the skillet & tearing, so next time I think I'll use more oil or just boil or microwave them first.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (17 ounce) packagefrozen potato and cheddar pierogies
- 8 ounces kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 4 cups packaged fresh coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat 1 T oil over medium heat.
- Add pierogies; cook, turning once, until tender and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- To same skillet over medium-high heat, add kielbasa, onion and caraway seeds; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Stir in coleslaw mix, apple, 1/4 t salt and 1/4 t black pepper.
- Cook until tender, 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and pierogies; cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Serve with coarse-grain mustard, if desired.