Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a slightly different way to serve pierogies.
- 1 kg frozen pierogi
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Boil the pierogies following package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large, wide, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion.
- Stir often until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir often until brown around the edges, 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Finely grate the lemon zest into a bowl.
- Squeeze in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Stir in the yogurt and dill.
- When the pierogies are cooked, drain well.
- Add to the mushroom mixture in the pan along with the yogurt mixture.
- Stir over medium heat until the pierogies are coated, 2 minutes.