Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my all time favorite WW recipes. I serve it to company all of the time, and no one ever guesses its low fat! I have used ravioli instead of pierogies and have added ham for variation. Recipe as written is 5 points.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and onion are tender and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and cook until evaporated.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in milk, broth, and pierogies; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Very good. I made the mistake of cooking the frozen pierogies right in with the mushrooms and onions because the package said to cook from frozen. But they were too delicate for the stirring needed, so some broke apart. Next time I would thaw them as you suggested. Thanks for the keeper!
Made the usual boring perogies incredible. My husband loves perogies bit I find them a little boring. I kept saying thesy would be great with a sauce and I finally found a great sauce to jazz them up. This was great and pretty easy and fast. I used frozen perogies and sauted them until a little crisp before putting them in the sauce which I think gives it amuch better texture. I highly recommend this if you want a great topping for your perogies.
What a great recipe! You really feel like you're eating something rich and indulgent, but it's actually a very light meal. I have made this twice, and both times I added some additional seasoning (some garlic and Penzey's "Mural of Flavor"). The second time around, I was making it for a vegetarian friend, so I used vegetable broth. I didn't even notice a difference. My boyfriend is a hard-core meat and potatoes man, and he gets excited when I make this dish. I assure you, you and your family and friends will love it.