Recipe by KelBel
This is one of my all time favorite WW recipes. I serve it to company all of the time, and no one ever guesses its low fat! I have used ravioli instead of pierogies and have added ham for variation. Recipe as written is 5 points.
Top Review by lolablitz
Very good. I made the mistake of cooking the frozen pierogies right in with the mushrooms and onions because the package said to cook from frozen. But they were too delicate for the stirring needed, so some broke apart. Next time I would thaw them as you suggested. Thanks for the keeper!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk (I use skim)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen low-fat potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and onion are tender and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and cook until evaporated.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in milk, broth, and pierogies; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.