Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I found in one of my recipe magazines (I think Cook's Country). It is a really nice side dish with grilled meat or fish and, it is a nice alternative to your everyday potatoes.
- 12 frozen potato and onion pierogies (such as Mrs. T's)
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Cook the pierogies according to package directions.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, sugar, and thyme to drippings in pan; saute 5 minutes. Stir in peas; saute for 1 minutes. Add pierogies, salt, and pepper; cook 30 seconds. sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Serve with sour cream.
Oh man was this good!!! So quick and easy, made for a wonderful lunch today, but could definitely see it as a side dish for grilled chicken or beef!! I used Mrs. T's cheddar/potato pierogies as it was what I had on hand and omitted the peas (personal dislike), otherwise followed rest of ingredients. I only made 1/4 of the recipe for my lunch. Will definitely be making these again(maybe add green beans for the peas) and thanks for sharing the recipe!! Made for photo tag!!