Recipe by Manami
These potstickers are wonderful and very flavorful! This is a new way to cook and prepare them and I thought you might enjoy! Found these on "That's My Home" web site. Prepare the dipping sauce first.
- 8 green onions, divided (scallions)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices fresh ginger (each slice 1/4-inch thick)
- 10 potato & cheese pierogies (frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Orange-Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon asian hot chili oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dipping sauce; combine soy sauce, orange juice, rice wine vinegar, crystallized ginger, hot chili oil and minced garlic in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cut 6 green onions into 5" lengths. Make into "brushes": slice into thin strips, leaving bottoms intact; immerse in a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- Chop remaining 2 of the green onions.
- In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, bring broth, 1/2 cup water, peanut oil or canola oil or butter, and ginger to a boil.
- Add pierogies in a single layer.
- Reduce heat to med-high.
- Cook uncovered, until all liquid is absorbed and pierogies begin to sizzle, about 10 minutes.
- Remove ginger.
- Add chopped green onions.
- Continue to cook, shaking pan often without turning peirogies, until golden and crisp on the bottom, 3-5 minutes, rearranging pierogies for even browning, but do not turn.
- Remove to platter; sprinkle with chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seed.
- Serve with Orange-Soy Dipping Sauce and drained green onion "brushes".