These potstickers are wonderful and very flavorful! This is a new way to cook and prepare them and I thought you might enjoy! Found these on "That's My Home" web site. Prepare the dipping sauce first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 green onions, divided (scallions)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices fresh ginger (each slice 1/4-inch thick)
- 10 potato & cheese pierogies (frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Orange-Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1To prepare dipping sauce; combine soy sauce, orange juice, rice wine vinegar, crystallized ginger, hot chili oil and minced garlic in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- 2Cut 6 green onions into 5" lengths. Make into "brushes": slice into thin strips, leaving bottoms intact; immerse in a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- 3Chop remaining 2 of the green onions.
- 4In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, bring broth, 1/2 cup water, peanut oil or canola oil or butter, and ginger to a boil.
- 5Add pierogies in a single layer.
- 6Reduce heat to med-high.
- 7Cook uncovered, until all liquid is absorbed and pierogies begin to sizzle, about 10 minutes.
- 8Remove ginger.
- 9Add chopped green onions.
- 10Continue to cook, shaking pan often without turning peirogies, until golden and crisp on the bottom, 3-5 minutes, rearranging pierogies for even browning, but do not turn.
- 11Remove to platter; sprinkle with chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seed.
- 12Serve with Orange-Soy Dipping Sauce and drained green onion "brushes".
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogies Pot Stickers With Orange-Soy Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1373.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
potato & cheese pierogies
rice wine vinegar
hot chili oil