Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful tasting sauce, that enhances the less intense flavor of the pierogies...a great low fat meal, with no fuss.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
I definitely made some changes to this but it was still really really good! Because the recipe was so simple, I just made the sauce in a pan and added the pierogies for the last few minutes. Dinner was done in 20 minutes! I also added some more veggies for a complete meal. The sauce was really good with so few ingredients! Thank you.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 1 lb potato-filled pierogi, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw before adding them to sauce)