Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I grew up with these perogies. Yummy! You can save potato water from potatoes you boil for your meal the night before. The water can be refrigerated and used the next day. Best to have at room temperature, though. You can use some of the dough right away and freeze the rest for a later date. Works well that way.
- Cut margarine into the flour, then add the eggs, sour cream and water.
- Mix until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out thin on floured surface.
- Use a fairly large round cookie cutter to cut the shapes.
- Fill with your favourite filling.
- One of mine is garlic cheese potatoes.
This dough was super easy to make and use. It makes alot so next time I will yake your advice and freeze half. Thanks for the recipe!
This is delicious dough, very similar to another recipe I have. The sour cream makes a soft dough that is very easy to roll. I used butter instead of the margarine, personal preference, and potato water from the potatoes I had boiled and mashed for the cheddar cheese and potato filling I made the day before with some fried onions, salt and pepper. Thanks for posting.