Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Kind of like one big perogie, very tasty
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped bacon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook noodles until just soft.
- Rinse, set aside.
- Lay 4 noodles in bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg and 1 teaspoons onion salt.
- Spread over the 4 noodles in pan.
- Lay 4 more noodles over top.
- Combine the dill,cheese, mashed potatoes and 1 teaspoons onion salt.
- Spread on the noodles in the pan.
- Lay final 4 noodles on top.
- Heat butter in a skillet and saute the onion and bacon until onion is soft and bacon bits are nearly cooked.
- Pour over top of final noodle layer.
- Cover and Bake 1/2 hour and serve with sour cream.
So good. I did used ricotta instead of cottage cheese (it's what I had) turned out very good, but next time I'm going to leave this layer out and double the potato cheese layer. I also used quite a bit more bacon, added green onions over the top when serving and left out the dill. Thank you for making it possible for me to mimic the classic taste that my Father-in-law makes only at Christmas! We love it!
This was so good and so simple to make! I used the no-boil lasagna noodles and they worked out just fine. I thought I had more bacon than I actually did - I only had 4 slices. SO... I browned some ground beef, put that on the top layer, then added the buttery onions and bacon. VERY good!! Everyone here was very pleased. Thanks!
Wow, I just made this and it was a HUGE hit! I made just a few minor changes to accomadate my families tastes. I substituted Kielbalsa Sausage (sliced thinly) for the bacon, and put a layer of the Kielbalsa ontop of each layer. Also, I substitued Ricotta Cheese for the Cottage cheese. And lastly, my kids refuse to eat onions so I used only Onion Powder. I even made a pan with no sausage for me as I dont eat meat, it was delicious as well! Thanks so much for this recipie, it is now one of the Family Favorites! A great warm, comfort food!