Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Add some ham and have a good meal.
- 1 (17 ounce) boxmrs. t's potato and cheddar pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Boil pierogies as box directs.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; whisk over low heat until well blended. Gradually add milk, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover over medium heat until mixture thickens and just boils.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in Cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375°F; grease four 2-cup ramekins or one 12x8-inch baking dish.
- Toss pierogies with cheese mixture. Spoon into prepared ramekins or baking dish. Bake ramekins 15 minutes or baking dish 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Increase heat to broil. Sprinkle top of ramekins or baking dish with breadcrumbs. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle with chives.
- Makes 4 servings.