Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yum.....easy, fast and delicious comfort food. These are a regular item on our menu that take very little effort for a great reward ! I came home dog tired tonight and the last thing on my mind was dinner, but had these on the table in 30 minutes! Not bad for a Monday night dinner !
- 1 lb pierogi, frozen (potato and bacon, cheese and bacon, etc.)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 sausages, spicy
- sour cream
- Heat a large pan of water to boiling.
- When the water boils, add the pierogies.
- Cook the frozen pierogies for approximately 10 - 15 minutes. They will float to the top when ready.
- Drain and set aside.
- While the water is heating, cook 3 slices of bacon until crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel then cut up finely.
- Reserve the oil from the bacon.
- Fry the sausages in the oil until done - about 10 - 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the sausages and set aside but keep warm.
- Add the pierogies to the oil and fry for approximately 10 minutes. Add the onion and bacon 1/2 way through.
- Turn the pierogies frequently, they should start to get a bit crisp from the oil.
- Serve pierogies and sausages with bits of fried onion, bacon and top with sour cream.
- Yum !
we like to cover our sausages in bbq sauce
I made this for dinner last night. YUM! I did tweak the preperation a little bit though. While I was reading the box of Pierogies I realized that there was no need to boil them first. So I sauteed the onion and bacon for a couple minutes then added the Pierogies and sausage (which I cut up into bite size pieces). Everything was done at the same time. My onions got a bit caramelized but I like them better that way. Served with sour cream. Great weeknight dinner. Thank you so much!
Very good. I served the sausages separately and it worked out well. I did use non fat sour cream because that's all I had. I bet it would be even better with full on sour cream. Lovely!