1/2 Photos of Pierogie Soup
This is a fun soup that uses frozen (Mrs. T's brand) Pierogies. It's quick and easy. The cut-up pierogies release the potato filling and help to thicken the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box frozen pierogies, potato and cheese filling, thawed partially
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage, packed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Partially thaw the pierogies enough to cut through.
- 2Cut each pierogie lengthwise, then 3 times crosswise, so each will be cut into 8 pieces. Don't worry if they rip or fall apart.
- 3In a soup pot, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and cabbage; sauté for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Do not brown.
- 4Add the cut up pierogies and chicken broth.
- 5Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add the milk and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 706.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: