1/14 Photos of Pierogie [peer-Oh-Gee] Potato Pierogies Perogies
A great way to use left over potatoes. Every Christmas Eve we had perogies. They do go fast so we'd fight over them. The fillings are unlimited. Cabbage, Cheese, Fruit, mushrooms, sauerkraut or check out my Pierogi - Peanut Butter and Jelly Pierogi's [peer-Oh-Gee] FYI: add a touch of herbs to one dough and paprika, curry, cinnamon to another when making a couple different fillings so you can tell which is which. Just do complement the fillings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- water, as needed depends on how dry flour is
- 1In a food processor with the blade and pulse flour and salt.
- 2Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds.
- 3Then through tube slowly add lukewarm water till dough comes into a ball.
- 4Process 6 seconds.
- 5If sticky just add a little more flour.
- 6Let rest 20 minutes.
- 7Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- 8Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- 9Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- 10Fold over making sure edges are sealed.
- 11If dough won`t seal lightly brush water on edges and pinch together.
- 12Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- 13Cook in salted boiling water with olive oil.
- 14Cook 10 at a time do not over crowd.
- 15Stir to avoid sticking.
- 16About 3 minutes.
- 17Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- 18Add sauteed onions and butter to coat.
- 19Repeat till all are cooked.
- 20You can serve with sour cream.
- 21After boiling you can also pan fry in butter and onions till golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogie [peer-Oh-Gee] Potato Pierogies Perogies
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g