A great way to use left over potatoes. Every Christmas Eve we had perogies. They do go fast so we'd fight over them. The fillings are unlimited. Cabbage, Cheese, Fruit, mushrooms, sauerkraut or check out my Pierogi - Peanut Butter and Jelly Pierogi's [peer-Oh-Gee] FYI: add a touch of herbs to one dough and paprika, curry, cinnamon to another when making a couple different fillings so you can tell which is which. Just do complement the fillings!
- In a food processor with the blade and pulse flour and salt.
- Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds.
- Then through tube slowly add lukewarm water till dough comes into a ball.
- Process 6 seconds.
- If sticky just add a little more flour.
- Let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold over making sure edges are sealed.
- If dough won`t seal lightly brush water on edges and pinch together.
- Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- Cook in salted boiling water with olive oil.
- Cook 10 at a time do not over crowd.
- Stir to avoid sticking.
- About 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- Add sauteed onions and butter to coat.
- Repeat till all are cooked.
- You can serve with sour cream.
- After boiling you can also pan fry in butter and onions till golden brown.