1/2 Photos of Pierogie Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
I substitute egg noodles for lasagna noodles to make this dish quick to make. I'm always asked to make it for picnics/parties. It goes a long way to feed a crowd since it is so rich. You can make it with or without the sauerkraut, or half and half like I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, make entire box of potatoes, omitting the butter/margarine called for.
- 3Saute onions in the 1 cup butter (2 sticks).
- 4Drain noodles when done; do not rinse.
- 5While potatoes are hot, mix in onions/butter, and cubed Velveeta and cheddar cheeses.
- 6Gently fold in cooked egg noodles.
- 7Add sauerkraut here; if desired.
- 8Pour mixture into 13" x 9" (or larger) baking dish.
- 9Drizzle with melted 1/4 cup butter.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or just until top browns slightly.
- 11This makes at least 16 servings. Since it is so rich, people generally take less.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogie Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 669.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g