1/2 Photos of Pierogi - Peanut Butter and Jelly Pierogi's [peer-Oh-Gee]
Oh my!! TOTAL COMFORT FOOD! Hot Gooey, Creamy peanut butter and jelly with melted chocolate, What more can you ask for! Oh yes filled into a soft tender dough when fried nice and buttery crisp! I came up with these when we made pierogies this year and had left over dough. I asked my Daughter if she had any preserves, then Peanut butter lightly mixed them together and then asked for chocolate chips and she had mini ones which worked out great!!!! THE REST IS HISTORY! The filling is an estimate so be gentle on your reviews! Please do use my dough Pierogie [peer-Oh-Gee] Potato Pierogies Perogies or your favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- water, as needed depends on how dry flour is
- 103.53-147.89 ml peanut butter
- 103.53-147.89 ml jam, of choice
- 59.14 ml mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1In a food processor with the blade pulse flour and salt.
- 2Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds.
- 3Then through tube slowly add luke warm water till dough comes into a ball.
- 4Process 6 seconds.
- 5If sticky just add a little more flour.
- 6Let rest 20 minutes oe more. (For easy rolling).
- 7Mean while swirl peanut butter lightly with your choice of jam, jelly or preserves. I do prefer raspberry! Set aside.
- 8Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- 9Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- 10Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of the swirled filling. Add the yummy optional chips.
- 11Fold over making sure edges are sealed with no air inside.
- 12If dough won`t seal lightly brush water or egg wash on edges and pinch together.
- 13Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- 14Cook in salted boiling water with olive oil.
- 15Cook 10 at a time do not over crowd.
- 16Stir to avoid sticking.
- 17About 3 minutes.
- 18Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- 19Heat butter and add perogies single layer without overcrowding. Just to brown on both sides.
- 20Serve with a LARGE glass of milk! Or top with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogi - Peanut Butter and Jelly Pierogi's [peer-Oh-Gee]
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 135.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g