Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like pierogies, you'll like this version.
- 25 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (32 ounce) packagerefrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place mashed potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the minced onion, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until blended.
- Stuff into shells.
- Place in ungreased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
This was a great dish and the whole family liked it. It came together easily and seemed like it was ready in no time. I followed the directions except that I made my own potatoes. I also baked them covered at 350 for 20 minutes then baked them, uncovered, at 425 (the temperature that I needed to cook my fish) for 12 minutes. I wish I would have read the reviews or thought to use sauteed onions instead of onion flakes. I will definitely try that next time. And there will DEFINITELY be a next time! (Served with Recipe #220366 and green beans)
These are good! I will add more carmelized onions next time because we love them. Thanks for sharing!
These were so incredibly good! Did what previous reviewers did, and sauteed onions in butter and added the last 10 minutes of baking. Made these for dinner last night and having them for lunch today. No more Mrs. T's for me! Thanks for posting. :)