1/1 Photo of Pierogi Noodle Casserole
Artsy Chef's Note:
Found this in the local paper. This is sort of the WV take on the PA pierogi's. It is a common dish for tailgating (or for church pot lucks!). I haven't played with the recipe yet to see what can be done with other common pierogi ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil egg noodles until al dente. Drain. Add salt and pepper to taste. Melt 1 stick butter into the noodles.
- 2Cook instant mashed potatoes using water, milk, and butter as required by the instructions on the box. Use whole box.
- 3Chop onions. Melt 1 stick butter in saute pan and saute onions till soft.
- 4In casserole pan, layer 1/2 of the noodles. Then layer 1/2 of the onions. Then layer all the potatoes. Top with remaining layers of noodles and onions. Pour all juices/butter over casserole.
- 5Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogi Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 158.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant mashed potatoes with four cheeses