Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. My Mother died 11-11-10 and she made this for us growing up. This is such great comfort food. I think she got this recipe from my Dads mom not sure and the crazy thing is, I lost her 11-11-11. So this year I made it on 11-11-12 and my son went crazy for this. I have made for friends and they all ask me to make this all the time.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasgana noodes according to package.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat oil over medium- high heat. Saute onions till sauteed and lightly brown. Reserve 1/2 C of onions. Add remainng into cheese and and simlply mashe potatoes and mix well.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom of baking dish spread 1/3 C of mixture on top of noddles. Repeat until total of 4 layers and 3 layers of noodles with layer of noodles on top with reserved onions on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25-30 mins or until heated through.
Came out great! Used homemade potatoes, forgot Simply Potatoes & it's snowing to bad to go out. family loved it & so much easier than when I make peirogies