- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen pierogi
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Drain pierogies; add to skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Return chicken mixture to the pan.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.