Quick Cooking November/December 2004 issue Fast Fixes with Mixes
Make and share this Pierogi Chicken Supper recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Drain pierogies; add to skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Return chicken mixture to the pan.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Very easy and quite tasty. I used some chicken broth instead of the butter to cook the chicken in. My whole family liked them -- thanks!
This is a wonderful dish. I love the addition of chicken in it. Instead of 1/2 onion, I used a whole one (we LOVE onions). Great dish, CountryRose, can't wait to make it again.
This was easy to prepare but I don't think the chicken had enough flavor. I think if I make it again I will season the chicken with some kind of dry chicken seasoning mix and prepare it separate from the pierogis (leaving the onions with the pierogis).