Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
My step-son and step-daughter love this chicken dish. It may not be fine dining, but does get the job done when it comes to family dinnertime.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken gravy
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen potato pierogi, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chicken gravy, pierogis, frozen vegetables, and salt/pepper to taste; mix well.
- Transfer to a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, uncover, and top with French-fried onions.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes or until onions are golden brown.
This was made on 9/14/09 for mine and SO's dinner. Instead of mixing everything together , the chicken was slightly seasoned with with some seasoned salt and pepper and lightly browned in a small amount of margarine.Then in the same pan, everything but the french fried onions were added.Then the mixture was placed into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish, covered and baked for about 35 to 40 minutes. Uncovered and added the onions,( only to half, since SO doesn't like them )baked for about another 5 minutes or so. The taste was good enough for me to go back for seconds. Are you looking for comfort food and don't want to spend alot of time preparing it ? Well, look no further, you found it :) This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
It did taste like a chicken pot pie only w/o the crust.Very tasty & so easy.I didn't have the fried onions so I used bread crumbs on top.Thank you for something new!
I enjoyed this but the hubby said "too bland". The flavor kind of reminds me of Chicken Pot Pie. I had lots of leftovers so I am happy to report that it reheats well in the microwave for lunch!