Recipe by TheDancingCook
We in PA love our pierogi's; and here is an easy, tasty casserole that substitutes the real deal. Most commonly served as a main dish, but can be served as a side.
- 3⁄4 lb noodles, cooked and drained (lasagna noodles or wide egg noodles)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups instant mashed potatoes, prepared
- 16 slices American cheese
- 2 large onions, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Melt butter and saute the onions until tender, meanwhile cook mashed potatoes according to package.
- *Steps1 and 2 should be done around the same time.
- Place half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Layer with 8 slices of cheese, all potatoes, the remaining noodles and top with remaining 8 slices of cheese.
- Poke holes through the top layer of cheese; pour butter and onion mixture over top, making sure it seeps through the holes.