Recipe by paula&matt
A pittsburgh tradition transformed
Top Review by Sandra Hyde
Very easy to make. Maybe just a little too much cheese for my personal taste, but I have no complaints. (Mind you, it was a tasty cheddar cheese that I used.) I enjoyed it and will be very glad to cook it again. It stores well in the refrigerator and makes a lovely "topping" for toast when cold.
- 236.59 ml mashed potatoes (instant or leftovers is fine)
- 453.59 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 177.44 ml butter
- 2-3 medium onions, diced
- 9-12 lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package to al dente.
- Saute onions in 1 stick of butter (may use more if desired).
- Butter 13x9 inch pan with remaining 1/2 stick butter.
- Mix sauteed onions with mashed potatoes.
- Layer noodles, then potatoes, then cheese, and repeat, ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.