Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pittsburgh tradition transformed
Make and share this Pierogi Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook noodles as directed on package to al dente.
- Saute onions in 1 stick of butter (may use more if desired).
- Butter 13x9 inch pan with remaining 1/2 stick butter.
- Mix sauteed onions with mashed potatoes.
- Layer noodles, then potatoes, then cheese, and repeat, ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Very easy to make. Maybe just a little too much cheese for my personal taste, but I have no complaints. (Mind you, it was a tasty cheddar cheese that I used.) I enjoyed it and will be very glad to cook it again. It stores well in the refrigerator and makes a lovely "topping" for toast when cold.
YUMM! I made this according to recipe but doubled it, I did not have lasagna noodles so i used kluski/halushki noodles. It was awesome, i wouldnt change a thing. so cheap so easy so hearty!
This was so good. I made it tonight. I had to bake it in a 8x8 dish because we'll I don't have a 9x13 dish. I cooked it for 20 mins and it turned out just fine. This will be dinner again. Easy and cheap meal.