Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love pierogis and this looks like a different and delicious way to serve them. It makes a complete meal-in-one. You could also substitute onion and potato pierogies in this dish. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 T drippings.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended.
- Gradually add beef broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings.
- Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Very good quick meal! I had never had pierogies before so I was excited to try them. They were so good! Thanks for introducing them to me! I made the recipe exactly as directed except I accidently dumped my pierogies without defrosting them first. So, after adding them, I poured everything into a baking dish and baked it at 350 for about 15 minutes. It worked great. Thanks for posting! Made for Photo Tag.
This was very tasty. I did add more broth, as other reviews suggested, and a little more flour to thicken further.
Made this as written and we found it pretty dry. I will try it again adding more beef broth. Thanks for the recipe!