Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that was on an insert in a bag of potatoes...
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk, to moisten dough
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix the flour, soda and salt together and moisten with milk. Divide into 9 or 10 balls. Roll balls onto flat circles and fill with potato filling (potatoes, butter, milk and onion.)
- Fold in half and press to seal the edges.
- Drop in boiling water.
- When they come to the top, remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Fry the cooked pirogi in a small amount of butter until browned on both sides.
- Serve at once.