1/5 Photos of Piernas De Pollo - Spanish-Style Chicken Legs.
1 hr 50 mins
This is a recipe from a cookbook entitled, "Tapas" by Richard Tapper. It is a very accessible recipe for chicken legs and has simply wonderful flavor due to the sauce. If you are a huge garlic-lover, feel free to add more garlic. You can easily halve or double the recipe. Great served with rice. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Dredge chicken legs in the flour.
- 3In a frying pan over medium to medium-high heat warm oil and fry the chicken legs, turning as needed, until evenly browned. (A few minutes on each side, depending on your heat.). Make sure the chicken is well browned!
- 4Remove from pan.
- 5Pour off excess oil (but don't mop out all of the oil).
- 6Return pan to medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is transparent.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook for about 15 minutes.
- 8Remove this mixture from the heat and add to a blender or food processor.
- 9Add the chicken stock to the tomato mixture and puree until you get a sauce consistency.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Arrange chicken legs in a baking dish and cover with tomato sauce.
- 12Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 13Remove foil, turn chicken in sauce, pour off excess liquid and bake until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piernas De Pollo - Spanish-Style Chicken Legs.
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.9
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 278.1 mg
- Sodium 310.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 63.7 g