1/2 Photos of Pierna Asada a La Criolla--Cuban Pork Roast
Mami J's Note:
A Cuban recipe for pork roast featuring orange juice and garlic.Prep time is marinating time. Found online for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse pork roast and pat dry. With the tip of a small knife, prick all over roast, lightly. Place on glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine orange juice with garlic, the salt and spices.Cover roast with this mixture. Layer the onion rings on top of roast.
- 3Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and marinate roast in the refrigerator overnight, at least 8 hours.
- 4Remove roast from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place roast in oven (remove plastic wrap) and roast for 4 hours, approximately, or until internal temperature reaches 185Fdegrees. Baste occasionally with pan juices. (Cover with foil is roast begins to brown too quickly).
- 6Let roast rest, loosely covered, for 15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierna Asada a La Criolla--Cuban Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.3
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 1955.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 64.8 g